- · Fuel for cars was only sold in drug stores.
- · Sugar was 9 cents per kg.
- · Coffee was 33 cents per kg.
- · Eggs were 30 cents for a dozen.
- · One out of every 5 adults could not read or write.
- · Only 6% of Americans graduated from high school.
- · The population of Las Vegas was only 30.
- · An average US worker made around $300 a year.
- · A mechanical engineer could make around $5000 a year.
- · 90% of all doctors had no college educations.
- · The American flag had only 45 stars on it.
- · Maximum speed limit in most cities was 15 km/h.
- · The tallest structure in the world was Eiffel Tower (300 meters).
- · Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone.
- · More than 95 percent of all births in the U.S. took place at home.
“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect—you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break—her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.” —Bob Marley
source: Prince & TJ Animal Foundation
These before and after adoption pictures are nothing short of heart-melting. They prove what a little love can do.
source: One Minute List
- Washing dishes by hand uses almost 7 times the amount of water as a modern dishwasher (103L vs. 15L for a full load). Also, it takes an average of 15 minutes to load and unload a dishwasher vs. 82 minutes to hand wash and dry a full load. Half the overall energy use too for using a dishwasher.
- Stephen Hawking is the only person who has portrayed himself in Star Trek. Specifically, in a poker game between Hawking, Einstein, Newton, and Data.
- You don’t have to live in a European country in order to enter the Eurovision Song Contest. Your country just has to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union. That is why countries like Israel, Turkey and Australia have been allowed to compete.
- Russia is opening a “Military Disneyland” that will allow guests to shoot military grade weapons and try out various military simulators.
- There are more pyramids in one small section of the northern Sudanese desert than there are in the whole of Egypt.
- Metallica became the first band to perform on all 7 continents after a concert at Carlini station in Antarctica in 2013.
- The name of the village located at the geographical center of Ohio is Centerburg.
- A black hole 12 billion light years away holds at least 140 trillion times the water in all of Earth’s oceans combined, making it the largest known reservoir of water.
- On Christmas Eve in 2008, SpaceX and Tesla were literally hours from bankruptcy until Elon Musk was able to secure $20M from investors in those final hours. Two days later, SpaceX won a contract with NASA worth $1.6B.
- The Abu Dhabi government owns a 10% share of UFC.
People think that talking is a sign of thinking. It isn’t, for the most part’ on the contrary, it’s a mechanical dodge of the body to relieve oneself of the strain of thinking, just as exercising the muscles helps the body to become temporarily unconscious of its weight, its pain, its weariness, and the foreknowledge of its doom.